Welcome to the Rose Hill Cemetery Place-Based Learning Project. This project hopes to
1) Engage students in transformative place-based learning;
2) Reconnect the classroom with the community;
3) Integrate African American and Afro-Caribbean narratives in secondary social studies;
4) Provide inclusive cemetery curricula and lesson plans to secondary social studies teachers;
5) Preserve and connect the rich history of the cemetery with the local community.
African American History
Classroom-ready lesson plans
Explore classroom-ready lesson plans that connect to American History standards.
The Afro-Caribbean Connection
Discover the complexity of Caribbean history through cultural landscapes.
A special thanks to those who support
The Rose Hill Cemetery Place-Based Learning Project
The Hillsborough County School District
The Pinellas County School District
The Hillsborough Education Foundation
The Florida Council for the Social Studies (https://fcss.org)
Steinbrenner High School
The Tarpon Spring Community
The Rose Cemetery Association