Welcome to the Rose Hill Cemetery Place-Based Learning Project. This project hopes to
1) Engage students in transformative place-based learning;
2) Reconnect the classroom with the community;
3) Integrate African American and Afro-Caribbean narratives in secondary social studies;
4) Provide inclusive cemetery curricula and lesson plans to secondary social studies teachers;
5) Preserve and connect the rich history of the cemetery with the local community.
African American History
Classroom-ready lesson plans
Explore classroom-ready lesson plans that connect to American History standards.
The Afro-Caribbean Connection
Discover the complexity of Caribbean history through cultural landscapes.
A special thanks to those who support
The Rose Hill Cemetery Place-Based Learning Project
The Hillsborough County School District
The Pinellas County School District
The Hillsborough Education Foundation
The Florida Council for the Social Studies ()
Steinbrenner High School
The Tarpon Spring Community
The Rose Cemetery Association